Your privacy matters to us
The business of Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited- Philippine Branch ('the Bank') has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. We have a duty to safeguard and keep confidential any information relating to our customers or their financial affairs.
In addition to our duty of confidentiality to customers, we shall at all times fully observe the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and other administrative issuances of the National Privacy Commission in processing the personal data of our customers. In particular, we observe the following principles, save otherwise appropriately agreed by the customers:
- We only collect personal data that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business.
- We use your personal data to provide you with better customer services and products.
- We may pass your personal data to other members of the HSBC Group its affiliates, subsidiaries, associated entities and any of their branches and offices (otherwise known as the “HSBC Group”), and other members of the HSBC Group or our respective agents, may collect Customer Information as permitted by law.
- We will not disclose your personal data to any external organisation unless we (i) have your consent or (ii) are required by law or (iii) have previously informed you.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal data to governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- We aim to keep your personal data on our records accurate and up-to-date.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data by anyone, including our staff.
- All members of the HSBC Group, all our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your personal data are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at HSBC will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Please check our Website Privacy Notice(PDF,1.9MB) general information on how we collect, use, disclose, and process data.Back to top
Data Access Requests
You have the right:
- to check whether we hold data about you and to access such data;
- to require us to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate;
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of data held by us;
We have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
For individuals connected to HSBC's business entity clients, you should send requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held to your business entity's respective Relationship Manager.Back to top
This section outlines our policy relating to any personal information you might wish to provide us when you visit this site.
The Bank will not collect any personal information that identifies a visitor to our site individually unless specified otherwise. Your visit to our site will record only the domain name server part of your e-mail address and of the pages visited. Such information will be used to prepare aggregate information about the number of visitors to the site and general statistics on usage patterns.
Cookies can also allow us to tailor the content of our website to suit your interests. For example, instead of displaying promotional messages about products you already have, they let us show you other services you may be interested in. We may also use “analytics” cookies to help us make our website better for those who visit it regularly. They help us work out what users like and don't like and how we can improve things for you.
We do use a small number of cookies that store encrypted versions of information where you have asked us to, such as the ‘Remember me’ function that allows us to remember your Internet Banking username for subsequent visits. However, this is encrypted so that only HSBC can read this information.
Again, if you wish to opt out of all cookies for this website and any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser's 'help' function will tell you how to do this.
However, please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how our website works. For example, if your browser is set to disable 'session' cookies, although you will still be able to view our public website, you won't be able to log on to internet banking.
If you accept cookies, you will be acknowledging that your information is being collected, stored, accessed and used as outlined above.Back to top
Use of information and materials
Products and services referred to in this website are offered only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by members of the HSBC Group. The materials on these pages are not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions that restrict the distribution of such materials by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about and observe any relevant restrictions.
These pages should not be regarded as an offer or solicitation to sell investments or make deposits in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an invitation or solicitation in such jurisdiction.
The information contained in these pages is not intended to provide professional advice and should not be relied upon in that regard. Persons accessing these pages are advised to obtain appropriate professional advice when necessary.Back to top
The Bank and other parties own the trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this site and users are prohibited from using the same without written permission of the Bank or such other parties.
The materials on this site are protected by copyright and no part of such materials may be modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted (in any form or by any means), copied, distributed, used for creating derivative works or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without the Bank's prior written consent.Back to top
While every care has been taken in preparing the information and materials contained in this site, such information and materials are provided to you 'as is' without warranty of any kind either express or implied. In particular, no warranty regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from computer virus is given in conjunction with such information and materials.Back to top
The Bank or any other HSBC Group member is not responsible for the contents available on or the set-up of any other websites linked to this site. Access to and use of such other websites is at the user's own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access/use.Back to top
We may collect and use your information to provide you with details about HSBC products and services, and also products and services from our partners and other relevant third parties. We may send you marketing messages by post, email, telephone, text, secure messages, or through social media. You can change your mind on how you receive marketing messages or choose to stop receiving them at any time. To make that change, please contact us in the usual way.
If you ask us not to send you marketing, it may take us a short period of time to update our systems and records to reflect your request, during which time you may continue to receive marketing messages. Even if you tell us not to send you marketing messages, we'll continue to use your contact details to provide you with important information, such as changes to your terms and conditions or if we need to tell you something to comply with our regulatory obligations.Back to top
We may use your information for market research and to identify trends. Market research agencies acting on our behalf may get in touch with you by post, telephone, email or other methods of communication to invite you to take part in research. We won't invite you to take part in research using a communication method if you've asked us not to get in touch that way. Any responses that you provide whilst participating in market research will be reported back to us anonymously unless you give us permission for your details to be shared.Back to top
When we advertise our products and services on the internet, we may share your information with our advertising partners. For example, when we use social media for marketing purposes, your information may be shared with the social media platforms so that they can check if you hold an account with them. If you do, we may ask the social media partner or social media network:
- to use your information to send our adverts to you, e.g. because we think that you might be interested in a new service that we offer;
- to exclude you from receiving our adverts, e.g. because the advert is for a service that you already use;
- to advertise to people who have similar profile to you, e.g. if we discover that one of our services is particularly useful to people with similar interests to the ones on your social media profile, we may ask our advertising partner or the social media network to send our adverts for that service to people who share your interests.
You can contact us to object to us sharing your personal data for online advertising. Social media platforms also allow you to indicate your preferences to them about the advertising you receive on their platforms. Please contact your social media platforms for more informationBack to top
E-mail messages sent to the Bank over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. The Bank will not be responsible for any damages incurred by users if they send a message to the Bank, or if the Bank sends a message to them at their request, over the internet. The Bank is not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of this website.Back to top
With respect to holdings in securities, the same have been delivered to the accredited Custodian, Registry, or Depository pursuant to BSP regulations on the delivery of securities.Back to top
Collection, processing and sharing of customer information
Collection of data
In general, the Bank, and other members of the HSBC Group, may collect the data of customers and other individuals in connection with the purposes set out in this notice such as Customer Information. Customer Information is defined as any data in connection with the provision of our services to our customers. These customers and other individuals may include the following or any of them (collectively “you”, “your”):
- Applicants for banking or financial services;
- Persons giving or proposing to give guarantees or security for obligations owed to us;
- Persons linked to a customer or an applicant that is not an individual, including the beneficial owners and officers of that customer or applicant, or in the case of a trust, including the trustees, settlors, protectors and beneficiaries of the trust; and
- Other persons who are relevant to a customer's relationship with us
If the data requested by us is not provided, we may be unable to provide (or continue to provide) products or services to you or to the relevant customer or applicant linked to you.
Data may be:
- Collected from you directly, from someone acting on your behalf or from another source;
- Combined with other data available to members of the HSBC Group.
Customer Information may be processed, transferred and disclosed by us and/or members of the HSBC Group in connection with the following Purposes:
- The provision of services and to approve, manage, administer or effect any transactions that you request or authorize;
- meeting legal and compliance obligations;
- conducting Financial Crime Risk Management Activity;
- collecting any amounts due and outstanding from you;
- conducting credit checks and obtaining or providing credit references;
- enforcing or defending our rights, or those of a member of the HSBC Group;
- for our internal operational requirements or those of the HSBC Group (including credit and risk management, system or product development and planning, insurance, audit and administrative purposes);
- maintaining our overall relationship with you including marketing or promoting financial services or related products and market research;
- meeting our obligations, requirements or arrangements or those of any member of the HSBC Group, whether compulsory or voluntary, to comply with or in connection with:
- any law, regulation, judgment, court order, voluntary code, sanctions regime, within or outside the Philippines existing currently and in the future ("Laws") (e.g. the Inland Revenue Ordinance and its provisions including those concerning automatic exchange of financial account information);
- any guidelines, guidance or requests given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial services providers within or outside the Philippines existing currently and in the future and any international guidance, internal policies or procedures;
- any present or future contractual or other commitment with local or foreign legal, regulatory, judicial, administrative, public or law enforcement body, or governmental, tax, revenue, monetary, securities or futures exchange, court, central bank or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial service providers or any of their agents with jurisdiction over all or any part of the HSBC Group (together the "Authorities" and each an "Authority") that is assumed by, imposed on or applicable to us or any member of the HSBC Group;
- any agreement or treaty between Authorities; and
- Other legitimate purposes in connection or in furtherance of the foregoing.
Sharing/disclosure of data
We may, as necessary and appropriate for the abovementioned Purposes, transfer and disclose Customer Information to the recipients globally (who may also process, transfer and disclose such Customer Information for the Purposes) to:
- any member of the HSBC Group, our sub-contractors, agents, service providers, associates of the HSBC Group or any person under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- any third party service providers who provide services to us or any member of the HSBC Group in connection with the operation or maintenance of our business (including their employees and officers);
- any Authorities, in response to their requests;
- persons acting on your behalf, payment recipients, beneficiaries, account nominees, intermediary, correspondent and agent banks, clearing houses, clearing or settlement systems, market counterparties, upstream withholding agents, swap or trade repositories, stock exchanges,;
- companies in which you have an interest in securities (where such securities are held by us for you);
- any party to a transaction acquiring interest in, or assuming risk in, or in connection with, the provision of services;
- other financial institutions, credit reference agencies or credit bureaus, for the purposes of obtaining or providing credit references;
- credit reference agencies, and, in the event of default, to debt collection agencies;
- any persons to whom we are or any member of the HSBC Group is under an obligation or required or expected to make disclosure for the purposes set out in, or in connection with obligations, requirements or arrangements or those of any members of the HSBC Group;
- any third party fund manager who provides asset management services to you;
- any introducing broker to whom we provide introductions or referrals and any party in connection with any HSBC business transfer, disposal, merger or acquisition, wherever located, including in jurisdictions which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection as the jurisdiction in which the Services are supplied; and
- the drawee bank providing a copy of a paid cheque (which may contain data about the payee) to the drawer.
For inquiries or complaints, please call HSBC's Customer Service at (02) 8858-0000 or (02)7976-8000 from Metro Manila, +1-800-1-888-8555 PLDT domestic toll-free, (International Access Code) + 800-100-85-800 international toll-free for selected countries/regions, or send an email to email@example.com to submit an inquiry or complaint. If you want to find out more about HSBC's customer feedback procedures, please visit hsbc.com.ph/help/feedback to learn more about feedback and complaints.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited is an entity regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (Bangko Sentral) https://www.bsp.gov.ph. You may get in touch with the Bangko Sentral Consumer Protection and Market Conduct Office through their Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Webchat: http://www.bsp.gov.ph; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BangkoSentralngPilipinas or SMS: 021582277 (for Globe subscribers only).
Deposits are insured by PDIC up to PHP500,000 per depositor.
Note: Do not provide your account or credit card numbers or disclose any other confidential information or banking instructions through email.